Sunday, May 20, 2012

Surrender

Hey Everyone. Hope this blog finds you all well. Life is tough isn’t it? By this time of night, I am pretty much spent. I wonder if any or all of you just feel so overwhelmed sometimes with what you are supposed to be to so many different people. You try every day to be the person you should be to your spouse, children, family, friends, etc., and let’s face it; it’s hard. Gracious, I so want to be good. I want to put others before myself. I don’t want to be selfish. I want to be patient with the kids. I want to create wonderful memories for them. I want to be an understanding wife. I want to always have noble and Christ-like thoughts. I want to minister to my family and friends.  
As much as I want all of this, it just doesn’t always happen. There is a verse I came upon as I was reading in our book for Wednesday night Bible Study. I have read this verse lots of times before, but it took on a new meaning for me last week, and I have held on to it like a person holding onto a life raft in the ocean. It is Philippians 1:6 “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Wow. This verse has reminded me to surrender my ideas of who I should be and allow him to take on that job. To say, “Lord, I give up. Make me whatever you want me to be, and give me the tools and strength I need to do it.” This concept makes me think of when our sweet little Connor Bean is so exhausted; he needs a nap, and I know at that moment what is truly best for him, yet he doesn’t want to give in to my way. When he does give way to sleep, his world becomes peaceful, and he wakes up happy and ready to face the rest of the day. Don’t I do the same to God? Why do I kick and scream and fight him hard to insert my will and my ideas on situations when if I just surrender to his way and his leadership, I am filled with peace. He will hold my hand and help me be who he wants me to be. I don’t have to live up to anyone else’s expectations…especially my own. He is the person who began a good work in me, and it is him who will complete it. I believe this is what the Lord is saying to me in Isaiah 41:3 “For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” Whew. That is truly a relief.  

One more thing, to anyone out there who is reading this blog and prays to JesusJ, I would greatly appreciate your prayers as I prepare to speak at a mother/daughter banquet on Saturday at the church where I grew up. Please pray that God will give me guidance and that he will prepare both my heart and the ladies’ hearts who will be there. Pray that he will give me peace and help me not to be nervous when I’m speaking. Pray that I will be made invisible and that He will shine brightly. 

Below are some pictures I wanted to share.

                                                            Karson is such a little athlete.
                            Here, her daddy is helping her hold her bat the right way.         

                                                            Very Typical Karsi Boo




  My two precious babies and me on Mother's Day 


                       Here I am with my most special one of a kind mom on Mother's Day.
                  This picture was taken by Karson, and I must have been seriously on my tip
 toes because Mom is actually a little bit taller than me.
 I am loving how tall I look here:) Don't I have a pretty Mama!

5 comments:

  1. Great post Jodi. I find that even once I surrender, the devil will still try to plant seeds of doubt in me even when I am covered in HIS peace. However, when I am covered in His peace then I can continue to step out in faith.
    And yes you have a beautiful mom! Love her and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you have a blog! Great to hear you guys are doing well. Adding your site to my Google Reader so I can keep up with you guys. Hope to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandon, thank you so much for leaving a comment. I really appreciate it. Words could truly not explain how proud I am of you and Kristi and your ministry. Do you have a blog or a website? If so, I would love to give you a shout out on my blog:). Love ya!

      Delete
  3. Hey Jodi, this is the 5th time I have tried to comment on your blogs. In the event that this actually posts, I want you to know that my heart swells with pride and thankfullness as I watch you grow in Christ. I know you will do great on Saturday. I love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Mom!!! It did post. Thank you for the sweet words. You have demonstrated the love of Jesus to me throughout my life. You made it easy for me to “buy in” to Jesus because I saw him and continue to see him in you every day. Love you.

      Delete