Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thoughts


I love…
-watching the way Connor plays with his cars and dump truck and “boy things” in general. Growing up with my mom and sister, I really had no idea how boys played. I have adored every minute of getting to know my little man.
And…listening to Karson practice singing for her upcoming and first Christmas musical at church. She takes practicing very seriously, which matches her responsible, independent personality dead on.
I’m reading…
-Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst and a Christmas novel by Debbie Macomber
I’m watching…
Parenthood (one of my favorite shows)
I’m thinking…
about how today I really felt God speaking, which is a pretty incredible feeling.  I was questioning whether I was able to express how I felt about priorities and “To Do Lists” in the way I had intended at our Wednesday night Bible Study last week, and honestly there was a God moment today in which I was reminded that we can turn to His word when we are trying to understand and convey ideas to others. I don’t always have to use my own words…which let’s be honest, is probably a really good thingJ. He led me to one of my favorite stories in the Bible (Mary and Martha/Luke 10:38-42) which turned out to completely fit with the topic without me having to ramble on. Then, miracle of all miracles, he reminded me that we could also just go right ahead and ask Him when we need clarity on certain topics. For instance, when we are unsure if we should add on another activity in our day, we should ask him. I just love this!!! How awesome is it that we can literally ask GOD to show us how he wants us to spend our days…areas of our lives that he wants us to change, as well as ways we are getting it right. Great reminder today of two simple but majorly powerful gifts…The Bible and prayer.
Some soccer pics...
 


Karson with her bud Hunter


 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. As always, I really enjoy reading your posts. You have a gift and I believe this is an awesome way to use your talent. I also was supposed to tell you that Myrna said your blogs are such a blessing to her.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed looking at your blog today, I love seeing Karson is her soccer pics!

    ReplyDelete