Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving

Happy Kiddos heading into pick out our Christmas tree
Scripture to Think About...
Acts 17:24, 27
24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands."
27 "God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us."


Some Thoughts...
God living in us...Wow! How to wrap our minds around this? How to be the hands and feet of Jesus? Today we are exactly one month away from Christmas. How will we use this month to celebrate Jesus? What would he want us to do to honor him? He is so patient, loving, and kind to us. How could we not want to honor him? What will we do? What will this season mean to us?

Here is my goal...
I want to do at least ten random acts of kindness with my kids this year as a countdown to Christmas. I am really excited about this. Already started on my list and I am realizing the blessings will be for the kids and me as much as they are for those we are reaching out to. We spend so much time on the day to day. I just want K and C to know that there is a whole world out there who needs loving. I will try to update as we go. Maybe.
 
 Thanksgiving...
Wow! What an amazing day. Really, every day is Thanksgiving but to have a day set aside to reflect upon all that is wonderful around you truly is amazing. We had so much fun as a family. Benjy was off work, and it was really great that we could all four be together. We went over to my aunt's house first, which was such a reminder of how thankful I am for my extended family. To be with aunts, uncles, and cousins who you respect and are doing amazing things for the Lord...to reflect that you grew up with these people and have roots with them and to be able to see what amazing people they are...it's a blessing to say the least. Then we headed over to Benjy's mom's and had a great time there, too. I actually barely saw our kids because they were having a blast playing with their cousins. Afterwards, we went to my dad's for a third event. He is a great cook and made a huge meal. I have to admit I was pretty stuffed before we even got there and Connor Bean was beyond exhausted at that time. I felt bad because we only got to stay for a little over an hour, but I did really appreciate Daddy cooking and the food was delicious (yes, I ate even though I was full...isn't that what we do on Thanksgiving?). Enjoyed relaxing with Benjy after the kids went to bed. Loving having our Christmas tree up. Will post some pics.
 
Over the past year and a half or so, I've really tried to be more specific with my thanks giving. Here are some blessings I have on my mind today...I do have many, many, many more but at the moment these are the ones I'm thinking of in no certain order...
-Date nights with Benjy
-A mom who loves my children almost as much as I do (yes, mom, I said almost)J
-My morning quiet time spot in our living room (chair/table/lamp)
-The man Jesus was and the life he lived...the ideas he stood for
-Grace
-Beginning to accept who I am rather than trying to be like others...I said beginning
-The kind-hearted, thoughtful, hard-working, athletic, energetic, go-getter that Karson is
-The way I look at Connor and smile and he smiles back at me with his mouth and even more his big, brown,shiny eyes...Gracious, he melts my heart
-My 30's
-My diva niece wearing her press on nails and then asking me to pull her underwear up (because you know, she didn't want to mess up the nails...ha!)
-Jess finally buying maternity clothes...her precious little baby belly and seeing excitement in her eyes
-My friends that I can be totally real with
-Hanging out with Benjy when the kids go to bed at night
-Our Christmas tree...it rocks!!!
 
Love to all...

Here are a few pics of Karson as "Forest Ranger" in her 1st grade Thanksgiving play. She worked hard to memorize her lines and did a great job...if I do say so. J




 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 



1 comment:

  1. I read the part about having a mom that loves the kids "almost" as much as you do; as I have told you before, I love them double: I love thme because they are a part of you and I love them for who they are. I also love who you are. Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete